Blog

This is a place for me to post about my life as a stay at home mum living in the UK. An American married to a British man.

I can not post everyday but will post as often as I can.

Hope you enjoy reading.

Our Favourite Books

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mum to five children. I am an American living in the UK. I home-educate the two older ones. The two younger ones are in school, and the baby is still home, so we have both worlds in our house.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday 13 October 2012

That time of year again.

The "summer" of this year is gone. We had about 1 week of summer this year. But its now getting cold, really cold. Getting children's coats sorted. Sorting out mittens, hats, scarves....yep its that time of year again.

Its that time of year again when its nice to have the fires going. reading books and drinking coffee curled up by the fire with a blanket. Its nice to be all warm and cozy. The mornings are darker and colder the nights are ealier. Maybe I should hibernate like the bears do and just stay inside till next spring?

oh yah I still have to go out every morning by 8.45 to take the two boys to school. At least if its pouring they let them go straight in instead of standing out in the playground waiting to line up.

The children dont seem to mind the cold. Just dawn a few more layers of clothing, put on a hat or two. They just run around and warm up. Lots of warm drinks too.

Time to get out the fall decorations, start planning Thanksgiving, Another birthday (yes my little boy is going to be 6 the end of this month)

Little one is doing so well with going in the toilet. I am so glad that we got that sorted before it got cold as it seems harder to not have accidents if they are learning when its really cold.

Mr Watkins has arrived. It will be lovely to have him here tomorrow for services. And Lord willing for many more Sabbaths to come.

Off to get another warm drink.

No comments: