Blog

This is a place for me to post about my life as a stay at home mum living in the UK. An American married to a British man.

I can not post everyday but will post as often as I can.

Hope you enjoy reading.

Our Favourite Books

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mum to five children. I am an American living in the UK. I home-educate the two older ones. The two younger ones are in school, and the baby is still home, so we have both worlds in our house.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday 5 November 2012

Bonfire night.


On Saturday we all went down to
mum and dads and had dinner and fireworks.


For those of you who dont know why the
5th of November is Guy Fawkes day:

 Remember, remember! The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!  
Guy Fawkes and his companions Did the scheme contrive,
To blow the King and Parliament All up alive.
Threescore barrels, laid below,
To prove old England's overthrow.  
But, by God's providence, him they catch,
With a dark lantern, lighting a match!  
A stick and a stake For King James's sake!
If you won't give me one, I'll take two,
The better for me,  And the worse for you.
A rope, a rope, to hang the Pope, A penn'orth of cheese to choke him, A pint of beer to wash it down, And a jolly good fire to burn him. Holloa, boys! holloa, boys! make the bells ring! Holloa, boys! holloa boys! God save the King!
Hip, hip, hooor-r-r-ray! English Folk Verse (c.1870)

Sorry the pictures are fuzzy. My phone is hard to take at night with movement. 




Katie covered her ears as they kept going pop as she said. :) 



Watching fireworks go off. 



Katie watching. 



She seemed to enjoy it even with covering her ears. 


Kenneth helping out. 







The little ones all enjoyed the fireworks.


We all went inside and enjoyed a lovely dinner of baked potatoes with coleslaw, cheese, beans. parched peas! yum yum! And then we all had a piece of bonfire cake L had baked and helped me decorate All in all it was a lovely time!













No comments: