Blog

This is a place for me to post about my life as a stay at home mum living in the UK. An American married to a British man.

I can not post everyday but will post as often as I can.

Hope you enjoy reading.

Our Favourite Books

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mum to five children. I am an American living in the UK. I home-educate the two older ones. The two younger ones are in school, and the baby is still home, so we have both worlds in our house.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Our Van


On December 5th L and I took an adventure...


We left early to go down to London to pick up our (new to us) Van! Some very sweet friends of ours were moving to New Zealand and gave us there 8 passenger Van, Actually according the the insurance its an estate car. :)  


We drove it back up to our house. It was a beautiful day too! Sunshine and no rain all the way up. It is an automatic (diesel) so it was easy to drive. I did not keep hitting the door to shift. :) being thats its right side steering with left side shifting we Americans want to keep hitting the door to shift gears. :) 


Saying that we had a good laugh in that every time I went to signal to move lanes or turn I kept turning the wipers on. :) My dear daughter kept laughing and saying "mum its the other one" For being the first time I have driven any distance over here, I think I did pretty well. 


Like I said it was a gorgeous drive up. Clear day. I had my GPS on my phone so had to trouble navigating the way home. 


There was snow all around. 



The sunset was gorgeous! It normally takes 4 hours from London to get up. It took us. 5 1/2 hours to get up as we had to take a few detours and then stopped for a break. I even did a three point turn on a A road due to an accident that happened just before we got there an closed the road. We took a little more time at the service station then we had planned which was providential as we would have been on the road at this spot when the accident happened. The Lord protected us which we are very grateful for. 


Here is our van parked outside our house. It does look shinier now as we have cleaned it but this was after the travels up. And it is so nice to be able to go all together! And we have room for our dear Dutch daughter too when she comes this summer! And of course my mom when she comes too, which were hoping will be this spring. 

Now I get to work on getting my British license as my American one I could only drive on it for one year and that ends the beginning of January. I'm told it will be somewhat easy to get it, but I have to just make sure my "bad" habits of driving don't get in the way of passing the test. I just had to take the written and behind the wheel in the states to renew my license after it expired while over here. It will be interesting to see the difference, when I get that brave. 

So for now my husband will do the driving. :)

No comments: